Sunday 28 September 2008

Great things.

The children were the main focus of the service today, the little one’s and the big one’s. The little one’s were given prizes for various achievements throughout the year and the big one’s (adults) treated us to a puppet show all about Noah, it was fab.

Next up was Ian, who spent most of his time striding around and talking to us in a blindfold, earmuffs and oven gloves, never a dull moment in our church you know! He was actually portraying how he’d appear if an angel had looked down on him 19 years ago.. It’s a pretty good description of where I was at just over a year ago. I didn’t really see God or hear him and I needed someone to take the gloves off for me (thank you Wend) so I could undo the blindfold and remove the ear muffs. I actually said to my friends today ‘ I so wish this had happened years ago’ but I know that God’s timing is always right, I’m where I should be now. Praise God.

Then came a moment I’m still trying to find a word for, a reunion of three friends from childhood. As we sat and chatted over coffee and cake I couldn’t stop looking at these two precious people who I’d grown up with. I was so scared they would disappear, but at the same time I knew that they were here to stay, because my life continues to be Blessed with such amazing things.

How great is our God eh!

Sing with me
How great is our God
and all will see
How great, How great
Is our God.

And He is you know.