Friday 14 August 2009

Living God.

Wooohoooo!!!

Our God is a living God, He was here yesterday, He's here today and He'll be here tomorrow.

Our Mike mentioned to me a few weeks ago that he worked with a guy who is a Christian, he said this person prays, not only for the major things in his life, but also for small every day problems he encounters. Such as what, I asked? Well, say for instance he is having a problem getting a nut or bolt undone, he'll stand back and pray for help and sure enough the thing will come out. Now, Mike is still angry with God for taking his brother away from him and he says it has to be a coincidence that the nut or bolt comes out each time this guy prays. I've never really thought of asking God for help with the minor things in life because it seems to undermine all the huge important issues that are more deserving of prayer.

However, I decided to ask for help to find my garage keys, they've been lost a week now and because I can't get at my mower the grass is starting to look like a wild meadow thing. Two days ago I sat down and said, 'Lord please direct me to where I should look for the keys' and straight away it came into my mind that they were in the flowers not far from the garage. I searched there for the umpteenth time and gave up because my hubby and my friend had also looked thoroughly through that flowerbed. This morning as I was cleaning it popped into my mind again to search the same flowers, it was as clear as a bell, so I dropped everything and went out to look again. There they were, right at the end of the flowerbed under some lobelia, I couldn't believe it.

The neighbours were treated to a very happy me, throwing the keys in the air, laughing my head off and shouting 'Thank you Lord' at the top of my voice. I won't be making a habit of praying for the small things in life, but I'll never ever doubt that it's ok to do so sometimes.

4 comments:

  1. Yes our God is amazing!! It's not by chance either that God has placed a christian right in Mike's path at his work place:) No matter where we are or where we go he is there he is interested in everything we do and we read that in his word Psalm 139 7-18. Will see you Sunday my lovely mate love Wend xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya hun,

    I've never been more convinced that our every step is seen and each day I'm more thankful than the last that I am Blessed to have God in my life.

    Thank you my special friend. x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing is too big for God to handel, and nothing too small for God to not care about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chris,

    It's all about asking God into our life and believing that He is listening isn't it. Good to hear from you and I love your blog, it's so inspirational.

    ReplyDelete