Thursday 6 September 2007

Lee and Kerys were having a get together in the local to say bye to everyone because they're moving to Doncaster, I hadnt seen all Chris's mates together since the funeral so I was looking forward to it. I wasn't sure whether I'd end up crying loads, but these were Chris's best mates and I was determined to go because you never know if the opportunity will come up again. I even managed to persuade John to come along for a couple of hours and our Mike was up for it which I was so pleased about. Momentarily I wished we'd all joined Chris and his mates on a Friday night more, he actually liked having his mum dad and brother with him and always made me feel like I was the most important person in the world. But's are not allowed though, they're destructive and unnecessary, we knew we loved each other and thats enough.


It was a fabulous night, I so enjoyed seeing everyone again and am very glad I went, John stayed a few hours but there was no way either Mike or Chris's mates were letting me go early.....brilliant. It was a strange feeling being back in the pub that was mine and John's local before we had the kids, I'd even worked there for a wee while. I used to get in from my office job at 6-30 and go to work at the pub at 7 until closing, blimey, how did I manage that. When I was finally allowed to go home it took ages to convince them I was perfectly capable of walking home alone but had to promise to text them when I got in.....Chris, you had such a fab lot of mates, I love them all, but so wish you were still here to share a Friday night at the local with.

No comments:

Post a Comment